Wednesday 25 December 2013

Heysham Village: A Christmas Morning Walk

It has become an annual tradition of mine to go for a walk on Christmas Day morning, weather permitting. Today I took a walk to Heysham village and back. Sunny, but a real chill in the air. 
Taking advantage of the rain we have had this week.
There were a few dog walkers out and about. Heysham village can be seen in the background. 
What are you looking at? 

Hazy sunshine and St Peter's Church in Heysham village
These wreaths had recently been tied to the fence, although I have no idea as to what or whom they refer to. 

Main Street, Heysham village.  


Entrance to St Peter's Church and the graveyard.


Local village feline. 
Ken and Dorothea look after this plot of land in the village, known as Sycamore Bank 


Look at the date over the door - 1633.
I wonder what this old shop used to be? 
If only they were that cheap! 
Walking onwards to Heysham Head. 
The ruins of St. Patrick's Chapel on the Head, overlooking Morecambe Bay. 
Heysham Nuclear Power Station. 
Looking from Heysham Head towards Morecambe, This block of flats were built after the Grosvenor Hotel was demolished. The design seems out of character with the area to me. 
More dog walkers.
Strange how I happened to pass The Royal in the village just as they opened. So it was time for a Christmas lunch time beer stop. 
A few empty casks. Not after I had been there I hasten to add. 

2 comments:

  1. What great pics....thank you. Wish I had been there on christm as morning love Heysham. We visited at Halloween 2012 and can't wait to come back. you are so lucky !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments. Much appreciated. Hope you make a return visit soon. It's only a 20 minute walk from where I live.

      Delete