Monday 2 December 2013

Derwentwater, Keswick: Part 2 of 2

Continuing the walk along the shore of Derwentwater, we reach Calf Close Bay, and a view towards Catbells.
With the sun shining, the colours and reflections were quite stunning here, as can be seen above and in the following images. 

Looking back at Friar's Crag which was featured yesterday.
Note the white house in the distance, then have a look at the image below.
What a great location to live.  The cottage is called Stable Hills.
Mirror-like reflections.
A dusting of snow on the tops.
A closer look. 
I had to get down on my knees for this view! Difficult getting back up at my age. The bones creak. I was trying to get 'below the sun' which I was photographing directly into, hence the glistening on the lake. 



Another view down the lake, again directly into the sun.
A bit of an arty view this one! Although I do like it. 
Back at the landing stages in Keswick.  
A thoroughly enjoyable visit came to an end. I'll be back. 

2 comments:

  1. This is God's Country to me....The Lake District one of my favourite places in the World and you captured Derwentwater so beautifully! Really good photos!

    ReplyDelete