Friday 2 May 2014

Maryport: Part 3 of 3

The Middle Tap pub. There seemed to be a lot of pubs in Maryport, and I don't doubt that there were even more at one time when the port itself was thriving. 
I wonder what this building was used for originally - a bank perhaps? 

One of the many, small shops in Senhouse Street. 
Now Ladbrokes, but what was this fine looking building previously used for? 
Local newspaper headlines.
The drizzle was beginning to get heavier as I walked back down Senhouse Street.  


I can only assume that this used to lead to an old mill.




The final view of Senhouse Street before I headed back to Workington on the bus. 

1 comment:

  1. When we visited we found the whole area very restful without the busy atmosphere of the main Lake District. Some nice shops here.

    ReplyDelete