Wednesday 13 February 2013

Blackpool

Blackpool has never been one of my favourite places to visit, especially on days like last week when I was there. It was almost impossible to stand up in the gale force winds, whilst at the  same time getting soaked by the 'horizontal' sleet! Needless to say the conditions were awful for photography. This one shows a tram heading to Fleetwood. Note how dark it was, with the tram headlights on. And it was only early afternoon.
Goodness knows what this is meant to represent. Modern art at its worst! 
Not a day for working on the iconic Blackpool Tower, with its scaffolding towards the top.
Deserted promenade with it looking pretty rough out at sea.  
Entrance to the North Pier. 

2 comments:

  1. The only similarity between Blackpool and my home town (and seaside resort) of Cleethorpes is the weather. I have however enjoyed seeing your images, there is a strange attraction about out of season scenes in a seaside resort. These are the days that we resort dwellers see to "enjoy" without the visitors around. Regarding the "modern art" image? It's not to everyone's taste but a real treat for us photographers.
    David.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks as always for the comments David. I agree with you about the 'modern art' image. I didn't like it at all, but it made a good photo. Blackpool is far from my favourite place to visit, however, I will go back again, on a better day, out of season, as there are several good photographic opportunities. I also prefer the Lake District out of season as you can wander around with the 'locals.' I know exactly what you mean about doing likewise in Cleethorpes. Keep looking and thanks again.

    ReplyDelete