Wednesday 6 March 2013

The Picture They Tried To Ban!

This is the first time it has ever happened to me. I was in Southport yesterday, and came across an ice cream parlour in Nevill Street, called Rossi's. The various flavours and colours of ice cream would make a nice photo, but just as I pressed the shutter on m camera, (hence not very good quality), I was shouted at by a lady serving a customer who said: "Photography is not allowed here."

Now, as I was stood on the pavement, were they trying to ban anyone at all taking a photo from a public space? Could I in that case be stopped from taking a photo of another person on the pavement outside their premises?

I replied:"Too late, I've taken it. I am on a pavement in a public space. Don't you want any publicity?" By this time three more customers were waiting to be served. My parting 'shot' was "What have you got to hide?"

I walked on, looking for my next photographic opportunity.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mike, I recently had the same experience when trying to photograph the front of a fishmongers shop display.
    David.

    ReplyDelete