Tuesday 12 March 2013

More From Southport

Southport Pier, which is Grade II listed. It is the oldest iron pier in the UK, and the second longest in the country.
It stretches way into the distance and is a popular walk. 
There is a half hourly team service to and from the end of the pier.
A gathering of bikers outside the Pier.
An impressive and well preserved Wayfarers shopping arcade which is adjacent to Lord Street. 
The high glass roof of Wayfarers arcade, which opened in October 1898.
Looking in the other direction.
The statue of Red Rum. Southport's famous treble Grand National winner in 1973, 1974 and 1977. The horse used to train in the sea off Southport. 
Sweet Memories 
Flowers for the Lifeboat men.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos of Southport Mike! It looks like a very lovely town. I have only been there once when I was about ten years old on a day trip from Newcastle so I don't remember much about it except for the beach. A beautiful beach and very wide as I seem to recall. I think I was on the pier too. Looks like you had perfect weather to be there.

    Keep up the good work and enjoy Inverness.
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete