Wednesday 3 July 2013

Penny Rock Wood

Continuing with yesterday's walk from White Moss to Grasmere, we now enter Penny Rock Wood.
The path is easy to follow, if somewhat narrow in places.
Penny Rock corner, and the main road through the central Lakes. Amazingly, no traffic!
Onwards through the wooded area. I only saw a couple of other walkers, so virtually had the place to myself.
It was very quiet in the centre of the wood.
Onward we go. 
The path gets narrower.
if you wanted a shorter walk, then you could go up these steps onto the road. I wasn't even halfway on the walk I was doing and turned left at this point.
It was so relaxing being here. 
Approaching the edge of the wood and a clearing. 
The first glimpse I had of Grasmere
Grasmere was on my right, as I made my way toward a foot bridge.  
Almost at the end of this section of the walk.
The end of the walk through Penny Rock Wood. I now made my way around the back of Grasmere which can be seen above and in the next set of images.  

No comments:

Post a Comment