Sunday 7 July 2013

Morecambe Kite Festival

'Catch The Wind,' Morecambe's annual Kite Festival, seems to be getting ever more popular. 
Kites come in all shapes and sizes.
The strong, on shore breeze, provided ideal conditions for kite flying.

A section of the Morecambe Promenade was suitably decorated.

Flying tigers and flying fish.
You could even buy a kite here. 
The Stone Jetty.
Something for the kids. 
Hungry?
More kites, including a couple of horses.





I deliberately took these images mid-morning before it got too busy. By the afternoon there were a throng of people lining the Promenade enjoying the kite flying.

1 comment:

  1. I took a "lucky dip" into your archives and found these great kite pics. It reminded me that I have some similar images taken at last years Cleethorpes Kite Fest. We also had the same weather judging by your pictures! Very colorful shots and I love the doggy ones!

    ReplyDelete