Friday 24 May 2013

Rydal to Ambleside Walk : Part 1 of 3

It was a warm, sunny day when I did the walk on Tuesday of this week. Before the walk began though, one just had to call into The Badger Bar at Rydal for liquid refreshment!
Off we go then. First stop, Dora's Field. 
Dora's Field looking toward Rydal Church.
A carpet of bluebells. 
Flying the flags at the Rydal Lodge Hotel.
The lane to Rydal Mount.
Across the road to Pelter Bridge which I would cross and leave behind the noise of the traffic. Bliss!
A view from the middle of Pelter Bridge. 
My walk took me straight on into the distance. I hardly saw a soul after leaving here until reaching Ambleside. 
I was told to look out for the stepping stones across the river, which I easily found. 
I never did see any horse drawn vehicles or animals apart from sheep. 
Another view of Pelter Bridge which I would now leave behind. 
Final view of the bridge.


No comments:

Post a Comment