Thursday 16 May 2013

Todmorden

The former mill town of Todmorden is just over the County border in West Yorkshire. It was certainly a challenging day for photography as it was - to put it politely - chucking it down with rain. It was a heck of a job to keep not only myself dry, but also the camera. I eventually gave up and cut short my visit.
Todmorden Market 

The impressive looking building is Todmorden Town Hall.
Sweeney's of Tod in Dale Street.
The grandly named, James Thomas Stansfield & Sons, butchers. 

Heaven above, they have moved!
It was 'sluicing it down' and I was getting very wet by the time I took this view of the Rochdale Canal which goes through the centre of Todmorden.
Raindrop on the camera lens. Todmorden Industrial Co-operative.
Back at the canal and the narrowboat 'Amy.' I decided to retire to the dry after this and moved on elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment