Friday 24 May 2013

Rydal To Ambleside Walk: Part 3 of 3

A view form the gate with the river seen below.
It was so quiet!
The stone gate posts survive, but not the gate. 
Convenient bench for me to sit and eat my lunch. 
A local sauntered by, looking a little startled!!

The views were endless. 
A bridge I had to cross.  
I took the left hand fork to Ambleside.
Rushing, gurgling water. 
Sadly, the end of the walk. Ambleside,
After hardly seeing anyone, or cars, on the walk, back to reality in Ambleside. 

1 comment:

  1. Mike I'm finally getting caught up on your photos, and enjoyed them all. As I think I've mentioned before, I so envy you being able to explore places just by jumping on a bus! The walk from Rydal to Ambleside photos brought me so many nice memories. It's a peaceful walk especially in nice weather which you seemed to have. Did you not go up to Rydal Mount? Maybe next time you're passing eh? Lovely photos, keep up the good work.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete