Friday 21 June 2013

Coffin Route Walk: Part Two of Two

I continued the walk along the Coffin Route through this gateway. I was about to see some stunning views across Rydal, and countless photographic opportunities. 
A glimpse of Rydal through the trees. 
And another!
That's better. Stunning Lake District scenery. 


Time to move on though as I head toward the end of the walk.
Still more views to be photographed. 
I really could not have had a better day. Very warm, bright sunshine,  

Yet another gateway to go through. 
The final views of Rydal. 


Downhill now to Rydal.
O.K., how could I, or anyone resist a couple more views of Rydal? 

A fallen tree. Odd shape. 
A look back at the path I had taken. 
The final gate and the end of the walk.

Walking past Rydal Mount.
Some picturesque cottages.
The Church at Rydal which I featured on this site a few weeks ago.
A very hot day. The incentive of a pub at the end of the walk. The Badger Bar. The beer hardly touched the sides! 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos. Rydal is one of my favourite places anywhere. Next time you should pay a visit to Rydal Mount...worth a visit and fabulous views of the lake.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andrea. Enjoyed taking the photos. Rydal Mount is certainly on my list of places to visit.

    ReplyDelete